- Summary- Is there a way you can summarize your story into a couple words or a word? For example, one of my stories is about a prophecy so I named it "The Prophecy."
- Ask for ideas- Ask family and friends if they have any ideas for a title for your story.
- Write first- Sometimes its best to come up with a temporary title until you've finished the story. Until then you can name it whatever.
- Themed based- Does your story have a particular theme or can it be strongly put into a certain genre? Think of a title that conveys that theme or look around bookstores or libraries at books in the same genre to see what they did.
- Generate a list- Don't worry about cheesy titles here. Just write whatever sounds good to you and then pick your top five favorites or ask your friends and family which they like the best.